Monday, April 9, 2012

Joy Dare

Ok, so another rather failed week for really tuning in and recording the daily graces (March 26 to April 1)!
One major thing stands out in my mind that I am so grateful for, and that is the Re:flect experience that some folks at our church community set up as an interactive, reflective experience around Jesus' last week on earth.  We went through it as the mothers' prayer group that meets together on Wednesdays, and it was just so powerful!  I am thankful for the time and space set aside to just be quiet and meet with God!  I am thankful for the reminder that HE is what I truly need!  And for the truth that HE (and not just more of me) is what my kids truly need as well!  I am so humbled and grateful for the amazing reminder of the sacrifice of Christ that is why grace even exists!

So, moving forward in grace from a dropped week but embracing a renewed sense of grace...
Monday, April 2
#264  A little playmate/buddy for my baby boy
#265  A peaceful going to bed for the babysitter
#266  Hard challenges pointing out weaknesses to stretch me and shape me

Tuesday, April 3
#267  Learning to let go of control; little victories
#268  My son being such an eager learner
#269  Decreasing drama for diaper changes with the baby

Wednesday, April 4
#270  An amazing spontaneous song crafted by my son about David and Goliath
#271  An honest and vulnerable testimony from a fellow young mom
#272  A quiet evening at home with my husband

Thursday, April 5
#273 Washing my son's feet
#274  Having a mini "Last Supper" with my husband and son
#275  The example of Christ to lay down His own will before the Father and the fresh chance to do that daily, even in each new moment.
#276  My son's excitement for these things, this story...Isaiah is curious and seeking to know and understand and so excited about experiencing it all!

Friday, April 6
#277  Boys catching up on needed rest
#278 Sharing a Cinnabon with my boys and remembering my dear grandma
#279  God adjusting my eyes to see hurts behind behaviors that frustrate me
#280  The sacrifice of Christ to lay down His life and take on my punishment, my burden!  

Saturday, April 7
#281  Friends to celebrate with
#282  Moments to humble me and see that who I am affects my children more than how I instruct them
#283  Perspective at the end of the day to embrace a deep, deep gratitude that Holy Week has been met with eager, lit-up curiosity by my son, so dying eggs not going well is not really such a big deal!  Letting go of the little things to see what really matters!

Sunday, April 8
#284  He conquered death!
#285  Resurrection power over the things that seem dead in our lives!
#286  Grace to be able to let go of being "right" and be restored
#287  Peace while preparing for guests
#288  A fun gathering in our home to celebrate Resurrection Day together with many far from families
#289  My whole family enjoying the party



1 comment:

Gary and Gwen said...

I love following your journey. Thanks for sharing.