Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Oops! Had this all saved and forgot to post it on Sunday night.

Monday, February 27
What a day for the "Joy Dare" prompt to be "ugly-beautiful" things, as it felt like a really ugly day!  
#144  being entrusted with the task of shaping little lives and hearts
#145  feeling totally inadequate for such a task and learning to embrace grace and not rely on my own strength--major work in progress!
#146  quiet time in the evening to sit and pray and be reminded of the restfulness of such
#147  finding a project and the materials to make it for our upcoming Friday to learn about Nepal
#148  a heart-wrenching and sweet apology from the son who had defied me all day long; his tender heart
#149  Romans 8:28 God works all things for good (even the ones that aren't good themselves!) for those who love HIm
#150  beauty from ashes, mourning into dancing!  His promises are true!

Tuesday, February 28
#148  healthy checkup for the baby
#149  our pediatrician--what an amazing gift!  Just the access to quality care is a privilege, but he is such an amazing doctor and person who blesses our family!
#150  redeemed relationship and interaction with my son after a rough day yesterday
#151  successful early bedtimes for both boys!
#152  ending the day cuddled on the couch, singing to my son, grinning and delighted by my affection

Wednesday, February 29
#153  connecting with the few in our small little home group
#154  a good encouragement from the study when I had dreaded even having the group tonight out of weariness
#155  the privilege of helping to facilitate the mothers' prayer group
#156  God at work in hard stuff in lives of the women in the group

Thursday, March 1
#157  the interruption of worship rehearsal by my boys enthusiastically joining in the drumming and the baby joining in with "singing"
#158  provision to go to the grocery and buy anything we need and so many things we want
#159  a cooperative trip to the grocery store
#160  the fun my son had finding "King and Kong," the monkeys TJ's had hidden in the store
#161  saying yes to my son's request to park on the very top of the parking garage when it just seems silly to me, and then watching him get excited about such a special treat!

Friday, March 2
#162  my son telling me that he asked Jesus for help in the night, and Jesus helped him!  
#163  my son absorbing something that he eagerly reported to Daddy from our heart for the nations morning, in spite of the chaos that felt so disappointing
#164  sleep for my son to refresh him at the end of a week spent very tired
#165  my husband reaching out to draw me close as I struggle with a rough end to the day with the boys


Saturday, March 3
#166  my son telling me that he asked Jesus for help in the night again, and again, Jesus helped him, so he said, Thank you, Jesus!!!
#167  a beautiful, warm, sunny morning
#168  breakfast at the beach with my boys
#169  finding some wonderful shells, much to the delight of my son
#170  boys chasing seagulls and laughing
#171  one-on-one time with my baby
#172  quiet house for a stretch at midday
#173  my son's excitement about an outing with Daddy

Sunday, March 4
#174  already seeing my sons' strengths will sharpen each other
#175  warm weather to go swimming with the boys
hard to give thanks for--
#176  the fearlessness of my baby; it is terrifying at times, but it is amazing, and I trust God will use it for His kingdom
#177  the constant questioning of my son; in my weariness, I often forget to thank God for this one, but it is amazing and beautiful to hear his thoughts and wonderings and desires to understand and know this life and world around him
#178  my husband's adaptability; it stretches me a lot, but it is really good for our family that he is so adaptable




1 comment:

Gary and Gwen said...

Praise God! for all that He has done even though we feel like a rubber band sometimes, stretched to the max! Even rubber bands snap sometimes! In the midst of it all such a blessing to see all that He has done.