Sunday, February 26, 2012

Joy Dare
Monday, February 20
#113  time to rest
#114  parents who value time with me and my family, no matter what we're doing
#115  raspberries and giggles from my baby
#116  my boys' excitement to explore
#117  a gift at breakfast--Mom & Dad coming for the day and my boys' lighting up
#118  a gift at lunch--Isaiah's excitement to have lunch at Grandma and Grandpa's hotel; I love that they are excited and feel like it's such a special treat to do what seem like simple things
#119  a gift at dinner--FREE babysitting by grandparents, so John and I could have a date night at a fun new restaurant :)

Tuesday, February 21
Gifts that are white...
#120  a white shirt covered in sauce means my baby has plenty to eat and enjoys his food
#121  towels to wrap my boys in after bathtime
#122  waterproof mattress covers for this stage of life :)

#123  safe, fun parks to take the boys to so they can play outside

Wednesday, February 22
#124  Vineyard Mothers' Prayer Group--community of amazing women that I get to share life with
#125  parents who my kids know and are known by
#126  phone getting shut off for awhile making me release control of situations

Thursday, February 23
#127  my son's affinity for collecting things from outside--he finds every stick a treasure; it stretches me to slow down and enjoy, but it is challenges me to appreciate these simple treasures as well
#128  my son learning some patience for his baby brother and seeing him extend some grace to him
#129  freedom from the panic I used to experience with sickness for one of my boys and experiencing that freedom fresh when the old tension tries to creep in

Friday, February 24
#130  MY BEAUTIFUL BABY!  He is one year old today!  He stretches me in a lot of ways that I need, and he is an amazing treasure and gift!
#131  being able to take the morning slowly with extra help around with the boys
#132  my son enjoying "projects" to make things or do creative things
#133  grace for my attempts to carefully reconstruct the day's plans to try to keep things calmer and protect the boys and having it sort of flop and be messy
#134  opportunities to release control and embrace the wonderful help of people who love me

Saturday, February 25
#135  being able to put together a fun party for my baby boy
#136  having my "best laid plans" fall apart with naptime, feeling stress build, and then feeling the release and being able to just enjoy the party and embrace whatever would come
#137  quick recovery/healing for my boys so that our whole family could celebrate together today and enjoy the party
#138  loving and supportive friends who come around not only me but also my kids

Sunday, February 26
#139  hard goodbyes reflect the treasured times spent together
#140  my son engaging freely and enthusiastically in children's worship time at the Vineyard
#141  delight on my baby's face when he sees me
#142  being able to celebrate a coming baby with a very dear friend
#143  a hug from my husband after a rough parenting stretch





1 comment:

Gary and Gwen said...

It was an amazing week! Thank you.