Thursday, September 4, 2008

Get a Grip

Isaiah has started to really grip onto things. Before he would wrap his fingers around something but not really hold it. Now, he really grabs stuff. Pretty frequently now, when I bring him down from burping him on my shoulder, the burp cloth comes with him because he has ahold of it. Yesterday, John was holding him while I warmed up some dinner. He had been a little fussy, and I thought I would feed him before I sat down to try to eat. John had put Isaiah tummy down across his chest. When I went to lift him up, he grabbed on to Daddy's T-shirt and wouldn't let go! So, I let him stay with Daddy as it seemed he was not ready to leave. :)

Today Isaiah is three week old!!! We'll have to take his weekly picture a little later today.

The doctor told us yesterday at our wellness check that since Isaiah is gaining weight well (8 lbs 12 oz now!), we no longer have to wake him at night to feed him; we'll just let him wake up. Seemed exciting, but he woke up an extra time last night from the nights when we had been waking him, so I don't know that extra sleep is anywhere in the immediate future. :)

2 comments:

benandjacque said...

Glad to hear everything is OK. Since he can grip things maybe it's time to start working on that throwing arm.

rachel snowden said...

Oh, John is way ahead of you on that! He focuses his gripping exercises on the left hand to grow our little "South Paw"! :)