Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cloth Diapering--Gearing Up!

So, I've been really determined to try to do the cloth diapering thing, but it has come a long way since the days of basic flat cloth with pins and rubber pants. There are so many options! I've been looking on some message boards, and it gets a little overwhelming trying to sort through it all. Anyway, I came across this contest where you can win 12 FREE AIO's (which stands for All-In-Ones, as I'm learning from message boards)! I LOVE free stuff. So, if you're a mom or going to be soon and happen to read this, check out the contest:

http://babycheapskate.blogspot.com/2008/07/giveaway-12-bumgenius-30-diapers.html

4 comments:

Gary and Gwen said...

Thought I knew about babies, but the things they have now - I have alot to learn. Grandma may have to hit the internet to figure out how to help with Baby Snowden!

wyofaith said...

why cloth diapers?

rachel snowden said...

Well, if we had our own laundry, it would be cheaper. That's not really the case, though.

However, it's still so much less waste. There is some debate about the use of water and detergents and such related to the environment, but most people still think that (given a responsible approach to laundry yourself or with a respected service) it outweighs the amount of waste involved with disposables.

Plus, the fabric is considered a good option for baby's health (less chance of diaper rash, less processed stuff against their skin, etc.). Many people say as well that disposable diapers can make potty training more difficult, as they draw the moisture away from the baby's body, so they don't really feel the wetness.

It's been a tough decision. I've had my mind set on it, and it has been one of those things that I'm not entirely sure if it will really work with our life, but I've had a hard time releasing the idea of it, so we're gonna give it a try, at least! We'll see how it goes. Might be an insane plan! :)

Jen Bontrager said...

I don't think you're insane at all! My brother and his wife have used them for their second baby and they have work out well. Just throw a couple disposable diapers in the bag for when you're on the go and don't want to carry poop around with you until you get home! :) Best of luck!