Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Bad Ideas

Curry during pregnancy.
Since I spent some of the earliest weeks of pregnancy in India, I have had a definitely decreased desire for Indian food the past few months. Sort of sad because I love Indian food! Usually, when we return from a trip, I could go ahead and eat Indian food the very next day. It took me over a month this time to even feel up for it. Mostly, it's the smell. The taste didn't really repulse me; I just wasn't ready to soak in the smell.
I still haven't gotten back to the place where I am eager for Indian food yet, but at least it is not a completely unappealing thought.
Well, tonight, I got dinner for John and me from a local Japanese food place. They tell you not to eat raw fish during pregnancy, so that limits much of the menu there. But, the food is really good, and they are especially focused on being healthy and organic with their ingredients and all, so I like to go there. Well, tonight, I thought I would try the veggie and tofu curry. I've never had it before, but I have had their chicken curry before, and it's quite good. And Japanese curry is different than Indian curry, so I was feeling optimistic. When I got into the car with the food, my optimism started to fade a bit because the smell was strong and a bit too reminiscent of Indian curry. Well, I got home and started to eat it, and it tasted quite good. I ate about half of it and closed up the rest to save for tomorrow. I don't think those leftovers are going to get eaten, though, because now my entire digestive system is staging a minor revolt. I say minor because I'm not puking or anything, but there is obvious displeasure on the part of my system! It's not good.
So, now there are several strikes against curry in its many forms. :(
I think I'll wait to have it in any form again until after Baby Snowden comes out!

1 comment:

littlewonders said...

Your dad told me about this when he was in town........you poor thing!