Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Most Exhausting Place on Earth

Went to Disneyland today. So tired now.
Some of John's family was in town visiting, and they are huge Disneyland fans! So, we took Isaiah for his first trip to "the happiest place on earth."
I was in no rush to introduce Isaiah to Disneyland or subject myself to it again. But, some of the reasons why had faded. They are now fresh again...
1. SO expensive!
2. Crowds. I don't like crowds. Being an introvert and a smidge claustrophobic, I get maxed out for the day in about the first 5 minutes there. Serious energy drain for me.
3. Lines. I'm not a patient person, and I don't like wasting time. Standing in line for 30 minutes (if you're lucky) for something that takes 3 minutes challenges that.
4. Princesses. Would take far more time to explain that one than I have energy for tonight.
5. There are at least as many gift shops as there are attractions.
And, to add a new one to the list...
It takes a LOT of preparation, stuff to lug along, and mental and physical energy throughout the day to take a wiggly little guy somewhere like that!
Ok, all that being said, though, we did have a really nice time. I'm just exhausted!

Isaiah did great! He seems to have gotten at least a significant dose of John's adaptability, which is a blessing! And, he LOVED Small World, which is the one thing at Disneyland I might never get tired of! That's my boy! :)




1 comment:

Jen Bontrager said...

Hey! Glad you're back! Love the pic of you and Isaiah. You're both just beautiful.