Saturday, April 5, 2008

Movement Within

I felt little Baby Snowden move for the first time! How amazing and exciting! I may have actually felt him move last Thursday evening and again that Friday. I wasn't very sure because there are so many weird feelings right now, but last night was distinct. John and I had gone to bed for the night, and he had his hand resting on my stomach. All of the sudden, I felt this sort of light tap. I thought John had fallen asleep and his hand twitched a little or something, but he was still awake. I told him I thought I just felt the baby move, and then I felt it again! John couldn't feel it, but it was definitely not gas this time! :)
Then today after I had been walking around the grocery store for about an hour (yeah, not the world's fastest grocery shopper), I sat down in the car and called John to ask about dinner, and I felt the little one move a few times.
Again tonight while we were laying on the couch watching TV, I felt it. This time John put his hand there, and as I felt it a couple more times, John could feel it too this time! SO cool!!!
I was kind of feeling bummed before because lots of women say they have felt the baby move by this point (almost 21 weeks), and I hadn't. We just had the ultrasound yesterday, so I knew he was ok and everything. (Note the pronoun!) All of the sudden, he has clearly made his presence known, and it thrills me!
I realize I may not feel quite as enthusiastic as he gets bigger and it starts to feel like various internal organs are being kickboxed. But, it just seems like the most amazing thing in the world!
Can't wait to see and hold the little guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jen Bontrager said...

Wish we lived closer. I'd love to see you pregnant!

littlewonders said...

That is so sweet. Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy!

Shonda