Monday, April 21, 2008

Growing

I have entered a phase where it seems that no part of my body any longer belongs to me! I have had a remarkably smooth and easy pregnancy so far, and any aches and such are still minor. It is just the consciousness that nothing feels quite normal. Sometimes my stomach feels like it might fall right off if I don't strap it on, and it's only going to get MUCH bigger! For the first while, I was behind average with weight gain. It wasn't cause for any concern, as it seems to be rather common on first pregnancies. When I went for my appointment last Wednesday, it would appear I am catching up--15 pounds! Baby Snowden is wiggling about right now. I can actually even see him moving!
With all the growing, it added a bit of a challenge to my dress for my dear friend's wedding. The wedding is coming up this Saturday. We had ordered the bridal party dresses online, and when mine arrived 6-7 weeks ago, it was already too small! Yikes! Not an easy alteration either, as the dress has multiple layers and curved seams. Not to mention the color--so difficult to find matching fabric! Anyway, a friend out here recommended a tailor. I just picked up the dress from him Saturday, and it fits! Fanstastic! He did a great job and charged such a low price. I told him he had no idea how big of a deal it is that he did such a great job and saved my sanity!

No comments: