Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Life Within

Well, I find myself understanding life within in a whole new way! Baby Snowden is actually growing inside of me! It really sort of blows my mind!


Sometimes it hardly seems real. I'm no excited to get all big and fat, but in some ways, it would feel like there was outward evidence of what's going on.


I feel unbelievably tired so much of the time! That's a hard adjustment for me. I'm not used to just hitting the wall and having my body just stop. My body has no regard for my to-do list these days!


Thankfully, though, I really haven't been sick. Minor nausea. Significant food aversions at times. No eagerness whatsoever to eat South Indian food again anytime soon after the phase I was in when I was there! Also, a bizarrely heightened sense of smell. Not always a blessing. Like when traveling in India--LOVE India, but there are a LOT of smells! Even here at home things just smell so strong sometimes. It's weird.


I'm very excited! All I feel tremendously motivated to do lately is sit around and read books about pregnancy, babies, nutrition, etc. If anyone actually reads this and has any book recommendations, I'd love to hear them.


For now, I'll end with our first look at Baby Snowden. Can't wait to meet the little one in August!!!

3 comments:

gwynethcolleenphotography said...

hi rachel...it's been about a million years, huh? i think i found you through a link on charity's blog to kristin's blog or...some other such degrees-of-separation map.

anyway, congrats on the lil one. in theory, i am hoping to make it to so cal again in the next year or so...mebbe i'll look you up. if it happens.

Jen Bontrager said...

I'd have to recommend "Your Pregnancy: Week by Week". Just sent it to my sister in OH who is also pregnant due in Sept.! Happy reading. Love the ultrasound. I've never had one, but would like to with the next one.

wyofaith said...

I read and memorised the classic what to expect when you're expecting.
I loved getting big and fat- finally , if I wanted to eat four McDonald's cheeseburgers I could! It was all for the baby.
Of course I ended up gaining 65 pounds instead of the norm 25. But! it was all for the baby.
I loved stuffing my face for the good of another person.